Sign in to follow this  
Your Letters

Scarecrow with whirligig head

Hi Janet!  Have been enjoying the Sat morning webinars!
When we saw you in February at Historic Trinity Church you showed us a great pic of a scarecrow with a whirligig for a head- can you share that with me again?    Thanks so much!  “See” you on Saturday!

D.Y.

Sorry to disappoint . I DID show scarecrow photos at the Detroit Garden Center symposium at the church and did say use a whirligig for a head but I did not show a photo of the whirli-headed one. We never took a photo of that one, it seems or just misfiled it, and have not recreated it.

We simply used a windmill thing (from Costco I recall our client saying) that was about 5' tall with a sturdy 4-prong foot pushed into the ground. We strapped a cross piece below the windmill head- which happened to be a circle - and dressed it in a pair of kids' overalls stuffed with ornamental grasses.

I am posting your question here on the Forum in hope someone else has made a whirli-head deer scare (there are NO new ideas!) and will share a photo.